Tuesday, August 3, 2010

16-Week Update


This was taken on July 23rd.
These ARE maternity shorts ;) They are super comfy!

Here are my Pregnancy Highlights over the past two weeks:

How Far Along: 16 weeks
Size of Baby: He/she is 5 1/2 inches long and weighs 3 1/2 ounces. About the size of an avocado.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I gained 3 1/2 lbs. (I went to my 16-week OB appointment and this is what I had gained since my 12-week appointment.)
Maternity Clothes: I wear mostly dresses, which are not maternity yet. But, when I do wear pants/shorts, they are usually maternity.
Gender: We find out at the next OB appointment! Woohoo!
Movement: He/she is a little mover & shaker! I can really feel the movements when I sit/lay down. So exciting! It just makes me smile each time I feel him/her move.
What I Miss: Breathing!!! I cannot breathe anymore! I think that I have a summer cold (the worst possible could you could ever get) AND pregnancy nose, so my nostrils have not been used in a while :( Super annoying, but well worth it in the end!
Sleep: It takes me a while to fall to sleep due to the further lack of breathing ability when I lay down. I am now sleeping in an upright position in order to avoid further hindrance of breathing. Once I do get to sleep, I usually wake up a couple of times to use the bathroom AND I always wake up at 1-1:30 a.m. for some reason. Most of the time I can go back to sleep, but some of the time it may take me a few hours to get back to dreamland. Again, all worth it!
Appetite: Really the same. I just eat when I am hungry. However, I have found that heavy meals at supper time cause me to feel nauseated, so I try to make it lighter than my other meals.
Energy Level: Great! I have been under the weather a few days and felt blah, but I don't think that has anything to do with the little bambino.
Symptoms: Stuffy, stuffy, stuffy nose.
What I am Looking Forward To: The baby bump growing. I feel like I am about to hit a huge growth spurt and I am super ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment