Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Birthdays, Milestones, Vacation, and Road Trippin'

WOW! It has been over a week since my last entry & I have missed doing my daily updates like crazy! We have had a pretty busy week, so pardon the lengthy post :) In order to keep things organized I put headers atop each subject so that you wouldn't get confused. (OR maybe I just enjoy being organized & feeling like I am writing something important that needs to have headers. Hahaha!)



BIRTHDAYS
First, Max & I both had important/noteworthy birthdays this last week. I turnd the BIG 3-0 last Monday (the 22nd) and Max turned 6 months on Saturday (the 27th). To my surprise, I did not loathe turning 30 like I thought I would. It was actually a really nice grown-up and mature birthday. I have decided to embrace getting older. In all actuality, I have enjoyed the last five years of my life the most out of any other five! I think that you just get to a point where you feel comfortable in your own skin. For me, it was over the past few years & it feels great! 

It also helps to have a wonderful husband who is also my best friend. Daniel surprised me with a beautiful pair of diamond earrings. I know, I am still in shock!!! Diamonds are this girl's (second) best friend! (Maybe that is why I didn't mind turning 30!) Max got me a sweet picture frame that says: "I love my Mom." My two guys are the BEST! We spent the whole day together...a wonderful gift all in itself!

Daniel took me to YaYa's for dinner & it was amazing. That was my first time eating there and it was far from disappointing. We ordered the hummus for an appetizer and I had a shrimp pasta dish that was divine. All-in-all my day was perfect. I would not have changed a thing!   


And, our sweet little Max is 6 months old now! Can you believe it?! I will do a separate post for his six month update and doctor's appointment, but I just wanted to give a noteworthy mention here. Look how small his monkey is looking! Max is my little ball of sunshine!

MILESTONES
Within the last week, Max has cut two teeth and is up on all fours! He has done a great job with the teething. He is still so sweet even when he does not feel well. He just flashes that big cheesy smile in between whimpers/cries. It is just the sweetest.




I can't get a picture of his big ole' tooth just yet, but I will prevail soon! I can't wait to see his sweet toothed smile. Oh, and BTW, the two teeth are the bottom center one's (the usual suspects!).  


VACATION & ROAD TRIPPIN'
Daniel was on vacation all of last week. It was magnificent!!! We thoroughly enjoyed having him home with us for the first half of his vacation. The second half of the week, we made our first road trip with Max to OKC to visit Daniel's Mom. It was such a great trip! Max did wonderfully on the way there AND on the way back. I am so glad he travels well! We left on Thursday morning and came back Sunday afternoon. It was the perfect amount of time for Max's first road trip. He adjusted really well to sleeping in the Pack-n-play. I think this was because we set it up in his nursery about a week before we left and let him sleep in it some during his naps and at night. Max's Aunt Erica gave us this tip & I think it made all the difference! We enjoyed getting to hang out and visit with Daniel's Mom. Max loved his time he had with his Grandmum. Fun times were had all around!



Max & his Grandmum!



No comments:

Post a Comment