Friday, March 5, 2010

The Daily Grind



Want to know what Max & I do all day? Although each day is different, here is a look into a typical day with Max & me. For those who don't know it, I am a wonderfully blessed SAHM (stay-at-home Mom). Enjoy!

Max usually wakes up around 7ish. I don't set my alarm, but just get up when I hear him. He usually cries a little to let me know he is awake, but sometimes I think he plays a bit before I even hear him. Like this morning, for instance. I found him all the way in the corner of one end of his bed playing with his bumper. Silly guy!

Max still nurses in the morning and then he eats his breakfast, which consists of just cereal right now. He usually will have floor time/independent time for anywhere from 30 mins. to an hour and then take a morning nap somewhere around two hours after he wakes up. His morning nap us usually always 2 hours. This is the time when I really get some things done around the house...cleaning, laundry, bathing, etc. (Bathing is sometimes not a piority this early in the day--I know, gross!)

After his morning nap, Max wakes up so happy and refreshed! We will usually run errands around this time because he is so happy. If not, we play some more and do lunch. Around two or so hours after he wakes from his morning nap, he takes his afternoon nap. This nap us typically 1-2 hours. After the afternoon nap we play some more. He loves his Exersaucer still and his jumper, so we usually rotate between those. I try to get some more tidying done and get things ready for dinner.

Daniel (whose schedule is more random than Max's!) usually gets home in time to feed Max dinner somewhere between 5-6. Then Max takes his bath (which he still LOVES!) and off to bed he goes!

We have a pretty good routine going now. I'll tell you though that the first few months were pretty rough as far as a schedule. I felt like every day was completely different than the one before! I am a planner & I love to know what lies ahead, so those days were particularly tough for me. But, I LOVE this sweet baby even more & would not have changed a thing.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into our daily lives.

Happy Friday All!

2 comments: