Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More Peas, Please


Today was Day 2 of solid food tasting. And you guessed it--Max had green peas for his first veggie. Yesterday I just gave him a couple of bites of pureed peas with the cooking stock mixed in. He was NOT a fan! (TMI Alert!) Actually, he gagged and threw most of it back up.


So, today I mixed in some rice cereal and he ate it without gagging. Reluctant? Yes. But he ate it nonetheless. I figure he has done pretty good thus far considering most sources say that it may take upwards of 10 times before a baby will take a certain food. (Or it could be that by the tenth time they just give in and eat the stuff that is being forced upon them. Hahaha!) But, my hopes are that Max will be a veggie & fruit lover like me. I think we are off to a pretty good start so far. The plan is to slowly decrease the amount of cereal I give him with his peas. I will give him peas for at least two more days to give him enough time to get a taste for them and to make sure he does not have an allergic reaction.  


My plans are to give him avocados and sweet potatoes next. I didn't get any pictures of him actually eating his peas. Boo! But, I am sure there will be plenty of pea-faced smiles in the near future. 

Happy Wednesday everyone! Only two more days until the weekend. Woohoo! 




No comments:

Post a Comment