Sunday, March 14, 2010

Faux-Hawk, Sippy Cup, and Fruits & Veggies

Let me begin by apologizing for the lack of posting over the past few days. I wish I could say that I had some majorly important affairs that took over every second of my days and that prevented me from logging on to Max's blog and posting something. But. I can't.

So, I will just play catch-up. Over the last week I went to about a gazillion consignment sales/stores! Okay. Maybe just three, but still! I went to Duck-Duck-Goose for the first time & was completely overwhelmed! I don't know how in the world mothers of little girls ever make it through that sale!!! The entire Hall of Industry at the State Fairgrounds was filled with cute, adorable girl clothes & accessories. I walked in and my jaw just dropped. I did not have a clue where to even begin. But, I mustered up the courage to get focused and tackle the teeny-tiny boys' section. In all actuality, there was a sizable amount of cute boys' clothes. Especially in the infant to toddler sizes. I got Max a couple of sweet little deals, including a cute birthday jon-jon for $8 that I know I have seen at some local boutique for $50(+).

I also made a trip to Caroline's Consignment store in The Heights. I really like this atmosphere much better than the consignment sales. It's calm and I don't feel rushed to grab up every almost-cute item I can get my hands on just so that I have a pile of things to carry like everyone else at those consignment sales. I got Max a few Polo shirts there for only $8 each! What a steal! AND . . . one was PINK! I love pink polo and button-up shirts on little guys! (And, big guys too. I love when Daniel wears pink!!!) 

Rhea Lana's in NLR began today. So I figured I should continue the consignment rage! I found Max some cute Polo rompers there for only $12 each. And, some cute Baby Gap pj's for $3 & $4 each. So, maybe all of this consignment hopping has been what has kept me from blogging :-)


How precious is this cereal-covered face?! And, can you guess what the (2) new things in the picture are? Yep, you got it. The sippy-cup and the mohawk! Max now gets some water in a sippy-cup at each of his meals. He does a pretty good job with it. And, he will actually drink the water when we hold it for him!


What do you think of his faux-hawk and his goatee? Hahaha! I do like that Max has enough hair to even do this with. Most of the babies in my family do not get hair until they are around 25!


Max is getting stronger & stronger when he pushes up. By some definitions, he may even be considered a crawler! He can now push up on all fours without much effort and move his hands forward one at a time. He will also "pull" his legs forward in a sweeping motion. Whether it be from rolling, scooting, or a combination of movements, the boy can get to where he wants to go, that is for sure!


My two guys! I just love seeing these two together. And, I love when Max puts his hand on Daniel's face like that...such a sweet touch!

This past week, Max has had more sweet potatoes, has tried butternut squash, and bananas. He loves them all! I roasted the butternut squash in the oven and it turned out really great. And, it makes a huge amount too. I put the banana in one of those meshy feeders by Munchkin and Max ate it up. He had 1/2 of a banana this morning. I am also going to try zucchini this week. 

Have a wonderful week!
And, Think warm weather thoughts so that Spring will come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment