Monday, October 25, 2010

Mother's Day Out

Max started Mother's Day Out (MDO) at our church, New Life, on September 2nd.
Doesn't he look like such a big boy here on his first day of school?!
MDO has been such a blessing in so many ways. Although he only attends one day a week, we both look forward to the welcome break from being at home most of the week :)
I LOVE the way his MDO bags turned out!!!
I found them at the Crown Shop for like 75% off and then had them embroider his name on them.
My obsession with the Crown Shop is almost as bad as my obsession with Etsy. Almost.

Back to MDO. Like I said, Max only goes once a week on Thursday's from 9-2.
Max's teacher is Mrs. Cindy & she is so sweet! His day at MDO usually consists of Praise & Worship, playtime, story time, lunch, naps, & snacks. Not a bad day for a one-year-old!

Mrs. Cindy fills out an activity sheet each day he is there. I was super nervous about Max napping at MDO because he will not sleep just anywhere. Actually, he really only sleeps in his crib. Occasionally he will fall asleep in the car, but usually he fights it! 

Overall, Max has slept pretty good at MDO. He will usually sleep anywhere from 30 minutes on a bad day to 1 hour 45 minutes on a good day. 

Other comments on his activity sheet thus far have included:
"Max was a happy boy all day!"
"Max had a great time outside today!"
AND
"Max has some great dance moves!"

Hahaha!!!
The last is my most favorite!
And, I must say, he does have some pretty awesome moves:)

I am so glad we decided to put Max in MDO for one day a week. It has worked out wonderfully! I really struggled with the decision of whether it was worth it to just do one day of MDO. And, really whether he (okay, me!) was ready for MDO at all. But, he really loves it!!! He plays better at home and has learned some new things from his friends. 

All-in-all it was a great decision. I cherish all of the time I have with Max, but it has been so refreshing to have some time for just me. I feel more energized and refueled when I go to pick him up from MDO. And, Max is soooo happy to see me!
That smile is priceless.  



No comments:

Post a Comment